CPD in Quality
HNC and/or PDA in Quality (SCQF Level 7)
The overall aims of the Professional Development Award (PDA) and of the Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Quality are to develop an understanding of the fields of Quality Assurance and Quality Management. We want you to appreciate the holistic nature of Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems, Quality Management and Quality Improvement. We aim to furnish you with the skills to practice effectively in the field of Quality.
The PDA and HNC awards in Quality are approved professional qualifications (SQA) and have been designed for candidates who want to enter, or progress within quality related positions in a range of organisations at supervisory or managerial level and across all sectors.
As both awards are part of the Scottish Qualifications and Credit Framework (SQCF) there is a clear progression route onto higher level course. It provides a step towards higher qualification such as the CQI Diploma in Quality Management: Advanced Diploma in Quality Improvement at SCQF Level 9 (SQA).
Aims of Course
- an understanding of the fields of Quality Assurance and Quality Management.
- an understanding of the holistic nature of quality and thus the scope for quality improvement
- an understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- an understanding of the principles of quality systems.
- an understanding of the implementation of quality management.
- a broad understanding of what ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 are, how the standards impact on the organisation and the benefits that should be seen from adopting their principles (for PDA/HNC Quality Awards).
- transferable skills, such as Core Skills and soft management skills, to the levels demanded by employers and/or progress to professional qualifications.
- the communication and analytical skills necessary to understand the process of quality auditing, assessment and problem solving.
- a range of contemporary vocational skills relating to the establishment, maintenance and improvement of quality within organisations.
- provide options to allow an element of sector specialisation.
- provide a wide range of Units that provide a broad-based course suitable for all industry sectors
- prepare candidates for progression to the CQI Diploma.
HNC Quality at SCQF Level 7 – 12 SQA Credits - Code: G86N 15
8 Mandatory Credits + 4 Optional Credits
PDA Quality at SCQF Level 7 – 6 SQA Credits – Code: G8KW 47
4 Mandatory Credits + 2 Optional Credits
Advanced Diploma in Quality Improvement at SCQF Level 9 – Code: G861 18
4 Mandatory Credits
Mode of Delivery
The programme is delivered through a blended learning approach capturing the advantages and benefits of:-
- Online delivery for all units and assessments
- One-to-one support/mentoring
- APL for other in-house training
- Networking with other students
The completion of the group awards are subject to the candidates circumstances, mode of delivery and individual pace, however each single unit typically takes about 4 to 6 weeks.
The following fees are based on the self-study mode of delivery:-
PDA in Quality: £810 + £70.00 Registration Fee
HNC in Quality: £1350.00 + £70.00 Registration Fee
Advanced Diploma in Quality Improvement: £650.00 + VAT
The course fees cover all study materials, personal tutor support and assessments.